Monday 22 August 2016

IHSW update

Hi everyone.

I was a late joiner to IHSW this month as my parents are over and until yesterday I was still debating wether I'd be joining this month or not. But then I started reading some blogs and kept seeing the IHSW notice around and decided it was a sign (it was my "kick on the behind" to remind me I'm not going to be another month without sharing news).

And I decided to start big (also I keep hearing my OH making smart remarks as it's been "ages" since I started this project and haven't finished it yet.)

So if you are wondering what I worked on yesterday...

This was it. No Words Needed.

According to my blog, last time I posted was on January 2014, I've stitched a tiny bit more after that post, so I believe this project hasn't seen the light of day for over 2 years (ok my OH might have some reason, but shhhh we don't say that).
I never meant to leave it unloved for such long time. So I've decided that Until it's finished this will be the only cross-stitch project I'll work on (and then I'll have one or two knitting projects on the side).

So I took a close-up picture of where it was left:

And this is how I finished the night yesterday. (I'll be stitching a bit more tonight so hopefully I'll be close to have the page done).

Thanks for stopping by,

Happy Stitches,
Sara
 
 
 


 

7 comments:

Pull the other thread said...

Beautiful progress, ths is such a pretty piece

The Crafty Princess said...

Yayyyyy so glad to see this beauty again. Don't worry I've got wips I haven't touched or seen since 2012 :(

I'm glad it will be your focus piece, you got quite a bit done filling in the background. Good job!

xoxo Alicia

Katie said...

What a beautiful piece. Good luck with it!!

Tiffstitch said...

Nice progress and good luck finishing it off. Good for you to work on only one thing. I have a lot of trouble doing that. :)

Kaisievic said...

Sara, this is such a stunning pieces - I cannot wait to see it finished one day soon. xxx

Bea said...

It's a beautiful piece and you made good progress. Good luck with finishing it.

Petra said...

How beautiful it looks so far. Great progress, and I wish you lots of luck focusing on it. :)